Who doesn’t love the classic (although admittedly cliche) Caprese salad? This recipe is the easiest way to make a light, summery salad a bit more filling to hold you over through the day.
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 package mozzarella balls
2 roma tomatoes
- Rinse quinoa and put in saucepan with stock. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low. Cook the quinoa in the stock for about 20-30 minutes or until all the stock is absorbed.
- Chop the tomatoes and basil into small pieces.
- Once quinoa has finished cooking, spread out on a jelly-roll pan and let cool completely
- Mix tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and quinoa
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic over it, add salt to taste.
- THAT’S IT! STUPIDLY EASY! ENJOY!