This recipe is delicious and ridiculously easy. This was my first time attempting to make a puree with beans, and it turned out so well, I thought I’d share it as a Saturday Recipe. The way I made it is not vegetarian or vegan, I only had chicken stock available, but substitute vegetable broth for a vegetarian remix, and drop the butter and cream to make it vegan! The beans give protein and we all know that carrots are good for us!
Makes 2-3 servings
4 large carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
2 cups chicken broth
1 tbsp. butter
dash of heavy cream
1 cup white beans, cooked
- Sauté garlic and onions in olive oil for a few minutes until softened. Add minced garlic, stir a bit
- Add broth and allow mix to simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the carrots are very soft.
3. Transfer mix to blender or use immersion blender to blend until smooth. BE CAREFUL WHEN BLENDING HOT LIQUIDS.
4. Add in cream and butter and continue to blend
5. Return to pot, stir in white beans on low heat
6. Sprinkle some pepper on if desired
7.ENJOY!! SO EASY!!!